I have spent much of the beautiful Colorado summer in places far from home. The adventures have opened doors and made me appreciate everything I have, and especially where I live. Although there is no better place than Colorado in the summer, I am ready for the cool evenings and fall weather. Lucky for you, I have scoured many magazines and have been both mortified and excited about the fall trends.
I am 50. I don't do culottes well. If you are not underweight, I wouldn't recommend the butt- enhancing capabilities of this 70's throwback. This lady looks WAY to happy in her culottes! Close your eyes...quick!...can you spell culottes? Who thought up those awful things?
Another "in" item is patchwork skirts: no thanks... I like my quilts on the bed. I think if you like the look, grab a small cross-body bag!
I am to the point that it is much better to have a few nice basics that I can enhance with something stylish without spending a bucket of money on something that will go into the "giveaway" pile next spring.
So here are a couple of new things I'll be trying this fall:
1. Return of the vest. I have always worn my winter down vests. Something about them keep me warm without completely sending me into a Colorado summer once I walk into a heated building. This year's fashion calls for a change in the blazer look. I recently purchased a casual heavy cotton, hooded long vest. It will be perfect for upgrading the jeans and boots. http://tjmaxx.tjx.com/store/jump/product/Catherine-Anorak-Stretch-Vest/1000093444?colorId=NS1003583&pos=1:14&Ntt=vest
2. A lariat necklace. Why not? With all of the fashion jewelry stores popping up, now is a good time to put away the "statement necklace" and don a thinner, more feminine option. I still like layering necklaces, but be careful with your thin sweaters that catch.https://www.etsy.com/listing/241330979/long-lariat-necklace-gold-y-necklace-bar?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=lariat necklace&ref=sr_gallery_34
3. Fringe. I admit it...not purchased yet, but I think I can try it in a VERY limited amount...maybe as an accent on a purse.
4. Menswear shoes: I love shoes, but in Colorado where I walk a ton, it just isn't a good investment to have a closet full of "fashionable" styles that I cannot wear if it gets wet, icy, or snowy. I am looking for a feminine loafer with a grippy sole. I love the patent look because they are so easy to clean up.http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/gucci-princetown-slip-on-loafer-women/4089349?origin=keywordsearch (Ok...not exactly what I need but CTsister and I dreamed of these!)
5. The Cape : I think this needs to find a place in my wardrobe...just not with fringe...maybe something short and sassy...http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/mural-cape-blazer/4040719?origin=PredictiveSearchProducts
Time to update your wardrobe and get ready for pumpkin everything!